Acknowledgment and Consent
Privacy Act 1988
Collection of information
I consent to Nifty Finance collecting personal and credit information from me. I understand that if I do not provide all information that is requested from me, Nifty Finance may be unable to provide me with their financial services.
I understand it may not always be practical or reasonable to collect information from me and as such I provide my consent for Nifty Finance to collect personal and credit information about me on an ongoing basis from:
- publically available sources such as public registers;
- referees or point of contacts;
- employers or income providers;
- credit reporting bodies;
- other financial service providers and financial institutions;
If any of these parties should request this Acknowledgement and Consent document before providing information, I consent for this to be provided to them.
Use of information
I consent to Nifty Finance collecting my information for the purposes of providing me with financial services and any related purpose such as:
- lending activities including accepting and assessing loan applications and disbursement of credit for approved applications that meet both Nifty Finances business and legislative requirements;
- credit management functions relating to management of accounts, varying of credit contracts and collection of overdue amounts including debt collection;
- customer service requests such as servicing queries, providing access to and updating personal information and resolving complaints and disputes;
- gathering information and statistical data to analyse and evaluate business functions;
- developing our service offerings and improving overall business processes and efficiency.
Disclosure of information
I consent to Nifty Finance disclosing my personal and credit information, in order to provide me with their financial services and any other related purpose as outlined above, on an ongoing basis to:
- my personal point of contacts;
- my employers or income providers;
- debt collection agency’s;
- credit reporting bodies;
- other credit providers and financial institutions;
- our financiers, insurers and auditors;
- any contractors, agents or service providers Nifty Finance use to offer our services, including payment system providers;
- any other entity, such as credit providers or lead service providers, who we may sell your personal information to for a fee, for the purposes of offering you their products or services or on-selling your information for the same purposes as it was sold to them.
Promotion of Products and Services
I consent to being contacted by Nifty Finance, and any external third parties or agents who act on their behalf, for the purposes of the promotion of products and services. I understand that I may withdraw my consent and request not to receive promotional communications at any time by contacting the Nifty Finance privacy officer at email@example.com
Exchange of Information with Credit Reporting Bodies
I consent to Nifty Finance exchanging my personal and credit information with credit reporting body’s. I understand that by giving this consent, Nifty Finance may collect information about me from credit reporting bodies, such as a credit report about me, as outlined in the Nifty Finance Credit Reporting Policy. I also understand that by giving this consent, Nifty Finance may disclose information about me to credit reporting bodies, such as default information about me, as outlined in the Nifty Finance Credit Reporting Policy. I understand that the details of the credit reporting body(s) that Nifty Finance Exchanges information with are as follows;
Veda Advantage Information Services and Solutions Limited
Phone 1300 850 211
Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act 2006
I consent to Nifty Finance disclosing my information, such as name, date of birth, address, phone number and drivers licence details to a credit reporting body to complete an electronic identity verification. I understand that the credit reporting body will attempt to match the information I have provided with the information they have, and provide an assessment . I understand that if no match is found between the details I provide and the information held by the credit reporting body, Nifty Finance will notify me of this. I also understand that if no match is found, I will have the opportunity to provide further documentation to verify my identity. I understand that if Nifty Finance is unable to verify my identity, Nifty Finance will be unable to provide me with financial services.
Electronic Transactions Act 1999
I consent to receiving all communications and information, where possible, from Nifty Finance electronically, including but not limited to:
- disclosure documents such as credit guides and information statements;
- copy of assessments;
- copies of credit contract documents and any variations of these;
- notices, such as missed payment notices, default notices, final notices and settlement notices;
- account statements;
- marketing materials and promotions;
- any other documents that must or will be provided to you or which you have requested.
I understand that by giving consent to receiving electronic communications;
- paper based documents may no longer be given.
- electronic communications must be regularly checked for documents.
- consent to the giving of documents by electronic communication may be withdrawn at any time.
Spam Act 2003
I understand that under the Spam Act 2003, Nifty Finance may not communicate with me via commercial electronic messages unless I provide my consent.
I consent to Nifty Finance communicating with me via commercial electronic messages (email, SMS, fax) in order to provide me with convenient and fast communications.
I declare that I have read and understood this Acknowledgment and Consent document and that I acknowledge, authorise and consent to all the terms that it sets out.