WARNING: Do you really need a loan today?*
It can be expensive to borrow small amounts of money and borrowing may not solve your money problems.
Check your options before you borrow:
- For information about other options for managing bills and debts, call 1800 007 007 from anywhere in Australia to talk to a free and independent financial counsellor.
- Talk to your electricity, gas, phone or water provider to see if you can work out a payment plan.
- If you are on government benefits, ask if you can receive an advance from Centrelink: www.humanservices.gov.au/advancepayments
The Australian Government’s MoneySmart website shows you how small amount loans work and suggests other options that may help you.
*This statement is an Australian Government requirement under the National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009
To be eligible for a Nifty loan you must:
- receive a regular income which is paid into your bank account for at least 3 months;
- You must have an active mobile number and email address;
- you must not have received a Centrelink Emergency payment within the last 3 months;
- not be in financial hardship, dealing with a financial councillor or be considering entering any form of bankruptcy;
- you must show evidence of being able to handle financial commitments on your bank statements (regular payments, direct debits, etc.).